Burlington is a caring company that gives back to its local and global community through established philanthropic programs that reflect the values of our team and rapid response efforts to unexpected disasters. In 2018 alone, we raised more than $9.9 million and donated vast amounts of goods and services to numerous non-profit organizations. Below is a list of some of the ways we give back.
Our National Non-Profit Partners
- Warm Coats & Warm Hearts Coat Drive & Toy Drive: In 2018, Burlington’s signature philanthropic program Warm Coats & Warm Hearts (hosted in partnership with ABC’s Good Morning America and Delivering Good) collected 215,000 new and gently used coats in our stores nationwide and donated them to those in need within the communities we serve. Since this program’s inception in 2006, we have collected and distributed more than 2.2 million coats.
To support children and families surrounding our store locations in Puerto Rico, in 2018 Burlington once again teamed up with Fundación Infantil Ronald McDonald to collect new toys in stores. As a result, we were able to donate over 10,000 new toys to help bring smiles to children and their families undergoing and recovering from illnesses. Over five years, we’ve donated more than 50,000 new toys to Fundación Infantil Ronald McDonald.
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS): LLS is the world’s largest voluntary health organization dedicated to fighting blood cancer. In 2018, Burlington raised $5.1 million, bringing its total donation over the past 17 years to nearly $38 million. Burlington is proud to be LLS’s #1 National Corporate Partner and Honored Friend for Light the Night. Funds raised by Burlington benefits LLS’s ongoing research for life-saving treatments.
- AdoptAClassroom.org: AdoptAClasroom.org is a national non-profit organization that provides teachers with funds to secure necessary classroom materials so that students can better learn and succeed. Over the last 2 years, we raised $3.5 million, enabling Burlington to support approximately 6,000 teachers and 150,000 students.
- Delivering Good: Delivering Good, a national non-profit organization that provides merchandise to individuals and families impacted by poverty and tragedy, has been a long-time partner of Burlington. In 2018, we continued to match select new stores with local agencies who then received approximately four pallets of new merchandise. This merchandise went to help those most in need within the communities where we opened new stores. Burlington has donated more than 2,000 pallets of merchandise to more than 250 local agencies since the program’s inception in 2011.
- Burlington continues to be committed to helping those impacted by devastating natural disasters. Over the years, in partnership with charities like The American Red Cross and The Salvation Army, we have collected funds to support victims of disasters across the globe and have donated gift cards through Delivering Good to help those most in need.
- Day of Giving: 2018 was our second year for Day of Giving, a program that encourages our corporate and supply chain teams to volunteer at local non-profit organizations and charities. Last year, our associates volunteered more than 4,000 hours at over 54 individual events, supporting 24 different organizations.
- Burlington Township Food Pantry (BTFP): Since 2009, the BTFP has been feeding an average of 75 families a week in the greater Burlington area. In 2017, the BTFP lost its lease and found itself without a location to serve the local community. Burlington learned of the BTFP’s plight and acted quickly to offer the non-profit group a new home in a company property free of cost.
- Associate Assistance Fund (AAF): As a caring company, we are not only focused on members of our broader community but also on our associates. Burlington’s Associate Assistance Fund, funded through associate donations, provides tax free grants of up to $2500 to associates whose primary residence has been damaged or destroyed by a natural disaster or other qualifying event, or who need help getting away from a domestic abuse situation. Additionally, family members of associates who have passed away can apply to receive a grant to help pay for the associate’s funeral expenses. Funds never need to be paid back and all associates are eligible to apply from their first day of employment. Burlington makes an annual contribution to the AAF to cover all administrative costs and provide support to associates in need.